I use and love these companies’ products. You should totally buy their stuff!
Disclosure: Some of these resources are free, some aren’t. Some of those are affiliate products and services, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission at no extra cost to you that helps me run this site. I only recommend those I have personal experience with, so hopefully you’ll benefit as much as I did.
First, my best recommendations for you.
If you use nothing else on this page, here are the top 2 you need to know about. I’m constantly recommending these products to people. I use these because their products made me more successful and their teams simply have my back when I need them.
Building your own media platform
- Rainmaker platform: I used to spend far too much time (i.e wasting time!) on technical stuff for this blog and sites. Now I can focus on publishing media content for this blog instead; while the technical stuff happens smoothly in the background! I can’t recommend it enough. If there is only one thing to use from my recommendations here, it’s that one!
Now, if for some reason you are still trying to do the technical stuff yourself, I can only recommend the Genesis products:
- Genesis Framework : Quickly and easily build incredible websites with WordPress. Whether you’re a novice or advanced developer, Genesis provides you with the secure and search-engine-optimized foundation that takes WordPress to places you never thought it could go. It’s mostly the same team who created NewRainmaker platform
Improve your Writing & Blogging skills
- Serious Bloggers Only: Jon Morrow has built many very successful blogs and sites. Now you can learn directly from him, he will show you how to progress and succeed, whether you are just starting or ready to go to next level.
- Unsplash and Compfight: simply beautiful pictures by great artists that you can use for your blog and articles, without breaking the law!
Do this as early as you can: Email Marketing
- ConvertKit: This is the Email Marketing solution I use. Brilliant for bloggers like me who need something simple, yet with advanced marketing automation.
- Mailchimp.com: Simply a great business and a great service (for free up to 2,000 subscribers), Easy Email Newsletters with great customisation and fun to use!
- Aweber: More advanced than Mailchimp, the internet’s most powerful email opt-in service and email marketing/broadcasting tool. This is simply the best solution, about 19USD/month.
- NewRainmaker: Free as part of the platform up to 1,000 users, perfect to get started and very tight Marketing Automation integration
- SumoMe: With a very fun team behind the product, they give you access to the latest tips to grow your email list (popups, scroll boxes, welcome mats, etc.). Also works with MailChimp and Aweber above and advanced user behaviour visualisation tools – mostly for free!
- Network Solutions: All my domain names are purchased through domain NetworkSolutions.com. They are easy to use and good value.
- PingDom: Don’t trust 100% your Hosting provider: check on their SLAs with this free tool to help you monitor their performance.
- DropBox: Now, it’s not just about website hosting. I also host files here rather than on my computer! Signup here and we both get additional free space!
- Lastpass.com: The last password you’ll need to remember. Simple – and your family will benefit from it too for groceries & bills!
Product Distribution & Shopping Carts
- NewRainmaker: with NewRainmaker you have all the modern features for media content distribution, purchases, community sites, affiliates programs, etc. This is the only one I would now recommend.
If you still want to do it all yourself, here are a few good ones:
- E-Junkie: The shopping cart I use to sell my eBooks and e-materials. It’s compatible with Paypal Standard, Paypal Pro, Google Checkout, Authorize.net, TrialPay, Clickbank & 2CheckOut. A great tool for small business owners and Affiliate program for your products
- Clickbank: One of the most popular digital products retailer with a fantastic affiliate program for your products.
Marketing your products
- LeadPages: One of the best tool, super easy to use to produce high-quality landing pages and squeeze pages, with very cool features and sharing all tips for best conversions. LeadPages will help you convert viewers into subscribers or buyers. It works with all platforms.
- Google Adsense: Make money by placing relevant ads on your website that are generated from advertisers using Google Adwords. This is free to use, but you have to register for an account.
- Google Adwords: If you want to begin advertising on Google, you can select keywords and locations and you pay each time someone clicks on your advertisement.
- MaxBlogPress Ninja Affiliate: If you aren’t using NewRainmaker and working on your own WordPress site, this is a great plugin for managing all your affiliate links, tidy it up to look like a ‘normal’ URL, instead of a long link with lots of different numbers and letters. Most importantly after all your linking works is done, if an affiliate link changes, rather than having to edit each post manually to update the link, you do it once in the MaxBlogPress dashboard and it updates every link on your blog.
Managing your Social Media assets
Validate and adjust your content and products
- Google Analytics: Google’s free website tracking and analytical tool. A must have for anyone with any type of website.
- Clicky: Clicky is just like Google Analytics, except it’s easier to use, and you can view how many people are on your site (and what they are doing) in real time! Your first site is free.
Improve your productivity
- Evernote: I use it to gather all sorts of notes, receipts, writing, meeting minutes,etc. To make the most from it, learn about it quickly: get Evernote Essentials e-book by Brett Kelly.
- OmniFocus: the incredible software that help me stay on top of all my activities, at home (including my gardening!) and at work. Getting organised and keeping it that way is not easy though: the guys at Asian Efficiency give you a massive jumpstart with their OmniFocus Premium posts.
- E-Lance: one of the best source of virtual assistants.
For your Continuous Development, Read More!
- Learn from others and see my Bookshelf