Do you want to get ahead in life? Climb the ladder to personal success?
Check out the One book you need for Success with Networking tips – Never Eat Alone: and other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time by Keith Ferrazzi
Want to get ahead in life?
“We don’t get anywhere alone”
I first read it in 2005 and I had been waiting for the release of the new version since February – it is now adjusted to consider how to benefit from technology and social networks. But even before modern social networks, Keith Ferrazzi identified what distinguishes highly successful people from everyone else: how they use loose ties relationships to be of service to others
In Never Eat Alone, Ferrazzi describes the mind-set and the skills you need to connect with people around you, offline and online. Big crowd isn’t my “default” behaviour, so since first reading it I’ve been focusing to create opportunities to meet more people and applying the skills and practices, sometimes to the despair of my IT teams as I’m breaching my Contacts folder limits regularly!
Keith Ferrazzi is not only a brilliant author with actionable guidance but a great story-teller too. I’d love to meet him over diner; maybe one day! 😉
If you have the discipline and focus needed – here are the key skills you’ll learn:
- Find the people that matters for your success; and of others around you
- Be intentional in your networking
- Develop the habit of Taking Names
- How to segment your contacts to make it easy to follow-up
- How to get passed the “gatekeepers”
- Multiply yourself: bring several people together to make the most of your time but get them connected too!
- how to ping your network so you stay top of their mind